“A high-end washer at An affordable price”
The Electrolux EIFLS20QSW is definitely not an attractive washer. Promoting straight lines, rough corners and a panel that doesn’t really seem to fit, this washer is definitely something you would hide in the basement. These being said, it has a series of amazing features that promote it straight to the top of our preferences. First of all, it is compact and this means it can be easily fit under a countertop or hidden in a closet. Also, it has an impressive number of cycle selections; this machine has a setting for almost any type of fabric.
All in all, the machine that costs around $1000 (about $900 on sale) is compact and doesn’t compare in capacity with the usual American washers. Still, it packs a lot of features and innovative technologies and can be easily fit into a corner.
Type & Size
The type is clear as soon as you lay eyes on the washer: it is a front loader. Still, due to size and capacity, it’s a front loader that can be easily hidden. To prove that, here are its physical dimensions: 24 x 25.1 x 33.4 inches (Width x Depth x Height).
The device can also be stacked over/under a matching dryer or mounted on its own pedestal.
As mentioned, the design isn’t stellar. It’s like actually having one of grandma’s washers in the house, given the fact that Electrolux didn’t even try to add a few curved lines like LG did with its WM3050CW washer.
The control panel is different though as it is based on touch controls. The panel implements the IQ-Touch system and the only button that actually has to be pressed physically is the power button. Electrolux has disrupted the classical 3 areas disposition of the panel as the buttons and the display are blended together in one big touchscreen that covers 2/3 of the surface.
The Electrolux EIFLS20QSW washer comes with a long list of features, but some of the most important are:
- Luxury-Quiet and Perfect Balance – two systems that when put together result in an almost silent washer that won’t vibrate the house down even when the load is maximum. This allows for the machine to be installed on the second floor, even near a bedroom (for space maximization).
- Perfect Steam Washer – a system that penetrates the cloth and removes stains easily, without damaging the fabric. It is actually the only steam washer system implemented on a compact design.
- ExpertCare Wash System – this system allows for a better cleaning performance and includes a variety of drum motions in combination with the bottom-vent steam. Indeed, the system is very efficient in removing stubborn stains and delivering vivid colors.
- Deep Clean Sanitization Cycle – this is specially created for users who need to remove most of the bacteria and allergens found in fabrics. Great for people with allergies and for babies’ clothes.
- Automatic water level adjustment according to the size of the load
On top of these great features, the washer is equipped with 14 washing cycles, 5 temperature selections, 5 soil level selections, and 5 spin speed selections among other options.
Capacity & Engine
The washer’s capacity is small when compared with the LG WM8000HWA or the LG WM3050CW, but it is enough for a couple or a family with one child. The maximum load capacity is 2.4 cubic feet, which is actually the largest available on a compact washer.
The engine is capable of running the drum at maximum 1400rpm, a speed that allows for a more efficient water removal from clothes.
Ease of Use
Just like with any modern washer, the control panel takes a bit of getting used to. Because there are so many features, it can be a bit confusing for a beginner user. You may need the user manual for the first loads, but in time you’ll get used to controlling this washer.
This washer is Energy Star certified and consumes about 93 kWh per year. It is also great on saving money for the water bill.
- Compact and easy to integrate in small spaces
- Quiet and energy efficient
- Great cleaning performance
- Great for small families and couples
- Can be easily hidden in a closet or stacked
- The design is old and not exciting
- The control panel can seem complicated at start
The Electrolux EIFLS20QSW is a compact washer with a lot of great features that not only allows you to save space and time; it will also save your money on utility bills. The washer is apartment friendly as it is very quiet and doesn’t produce violent vibrations during spinning.