1&1 is a very popular company in the entire world, offering a complete series of web hosting products in over 10 different countries all over the globe. They offer email solutions and powerful servers in well-developed countries like Spain, UK, US, and Germany (but not only).
Their data centers are spread all over Europe and they even reach Kansas, USA where they use their servers to offer services like cloud servers, dedicated servers, domain registration, and VPSs (Virtual Private Servers). To complete the wide range of services they are capable to perform, their offer also includes web editing services and site creation.
1&1 is the very definition of a large company that offers both technical and non-technical users all the necessary resources to plan, design and build their online business from scratch. In order to allow customers to browse their wide variety of services easier, 1&1 site interface offers a division into categories of products which makes the interface natural and easy to browse. Still, the interface is quite simple and doesn’t reach the same level of friendliness and attractiveness we could see on the iPage site.
Hosting Plans & Features
The product categories and their features included in the 1&1 offer are as follows:
- MyWebsite – a dedicated service for both beginners and technically advanced web designers where users have access hundreds of templates (free and paid) and advice from professional web designers.
- Hosting – this area offers a variety of hosting plans that will fit any type of business. It also includes a wide variety of website builder tools, marketing tools and mobile website tools.
- Servers – a service offered to online businesses that require a tremendous amount of traffic and need a secured and specialized server for their online transactions.
- Email & Office – one of the core services of every business
- E-commerce – a service for those who want to start an online store, regardless of the domain
When it comes to site building tools and marketing elements, 1&1 is highly focused on types of businesses and their template collection is capable to cover over 200 industries.
Unlike iPage, a company that chose to go with a single basic plan and add features as you go, the 1&1 company has a well-established packaging system. We will present only the packages for access to website building tools and marketing elements, but each category of products has its own offer.
|Website building plans||Basic||Plus||Premium|
|Price per month||$9.99||$14.99||$19.99|
|Drag & Drop website editor||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to web apps||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|More Information||Read More||Read More||Read More|
Bandwidth & Disk Space
Just like with iPage and other similar services, the bandwidth and disk space are unlimited. Now, there might be a possibility that the unlimited means “in the limit of XGB”, but nothing was confirmed on this matter.
Reliability & Support
The support team is available 24/7 and they will be courteous in their try to help you out. An operator can be contacted via email or phone and users can find useful information on their site. Even more, as a user, you have access to an entire team of professional web designers who can help in creating a completely new template (for an extra charge of course).
Ease of Use
The website builder tool and all the other tools available were created to help the user, so they are easy to use and understand. To allow the user to get used to the platform, 1&1 offers a period of trial of 30 days.
- A wide collection of responsive (free & paid) templates
- Polite and efficient support team
- Useful tools that help business owners manage their campaigns
- E-commerce is only available on advanced packages
- A technical person will not have as much template editing freedom as they would want
1&1 is definitely one of the giants of the online world offering a wide palette of services and servicing over 15 million people while hosting over 19 million domains. They are reliable and the tools they’ve built are easy to use and very helpful in running an online business.