Network Solutions was founded in 1979 and its main field of activity was consulting. With time, the company changed profiles so much that in the 1990s it became a monopoly for selling domain names all over the world. As things evolved, the Network Solutions Company was purchased by web.com in 2011 and it is today a company with a wide offer of web hosting products for small businesses.
They are currently servicing over 350,000 websites and own more than 7 million domains. Their offer is rich in tools and features like an easy to use website builder or great tools that allow users to manage their domain with ease. Still, they are not perfect and some of their main problems are constant upselling (in comparison with Hosting.co.uk, a company that promises to maintain its prices for a lifetime) and a rather confusing interface that may be difficult to get used to.
Hosting Plans & Features
The Network Solutions offer includes a wide series of services like:
- Domain name registration – a service that allows users to find the perfect name for their site starting at €93 (the price may vary);
- Website creation tools – this service can be divided in three main categories: services for people who want to build their own site, services for website creation, and creating a mobile version of your site using goMobi;
- E-commerce services;
- Hosting services;
- Professional email services;
- VPS hosting;
- Marketing solutions.
When it comes to plans, Network Solutions learned from competitors like 1&1 and iPage and goes with a basic shared web hosting plan to which the user can add features. So, if your site doesn’t need so many features, Network Solution could be quite and affordable solution.
The basic web hosting package includes a series of features like:
- Daily malware scans
- Ongoing backups that will protect any site from attacks or malfunctions
- Up to unlimited disk space and bandwidth according to the selected plan
- Free domain name (unless you ask them to apply their 30 Day Money Back Guarantee policy)
- Up to unlimited email boxes if the owner chooses other plans that the basic one
- Increased security for superior plans using tools against common hacks like SQLi and XSS
- Fast load time
- SSL for the Professional Plus plan
|Features||Web Hosting||Professional Hosting||Professional Plus|
|Price per month*||€7.90||€12.52||€17.16|
|Free domain name||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic malware removal||–||Yes||Yes|
|Protection against common hacks||–||Yes||Yes|
|Open source apps||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|More Information||Read More||Read More||Read More|
Bandwidth & Disk Space
Just like their competition, the Network Solutions include the unlimited storage space offer only with the higher paid plans. This is actually easy to understand given the fact that the basic plan is destined for personal sites and small companies that only want to create an online presence.
Reliability & Support
The support team can be easily reached via phone (only on specified hours) or email. The operators are as courteous as possible and they will try to solve any technical issue as soon as possible. Still, there are users who declare to be unsatisfied with how support understands to solve their financial and billing problems.
There is also the possibility to get technical help by reading their FAQs section that can be found under Customer Support on the site.
Ease of Use
The website interface is a bit confusing offering a lot of information but using a poor structure. It is quite difficult to find the necessary information on plans and features. Also, it appears that the same clumsiness can be found on the control panel interface.
An experienced user will definitely find his/her way around, but a novice may be overwhelmed.
- Users can customize their current plan by adding features
- Domain transfers are supported
- Website building tools included
- The interface is confusing
- Customer service is not very great on certain aspects
Network Solutions is a company that went through a lot of changes, but they still manage to offer a high-quality service. The interface is a bit clumsy and they do have the habit of upselling, but their features are powerful and offer a great user experience for advanced people.